Mortgage Loan Officer
Arrha Credit Union is looking for seasoned energetic Loan Officers who wish to join a dynamic and growing credit union located in Western Massachusetts. We are seeking out new teammates to cover the northern CT and western MA areas. The Mortgage Loan Officer will be responsible for developing a referral network, attracting leads, discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping members put together a complete loan package and working with the processing team throughout the loan cycle.
- Proven track record of closing $1,000,000 or more in monthly mortgage loan volume.
- Thorough knowledge of secondary market guidelines required; FHA, VA, USDA knowledge preferred.
- Current registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
- 3+ years’ experience in the mortgage loan industry.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
Primary Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Attracts new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships both in the real estate community, and outside, in order to maintain a consistent referral stream.
- Makes sales calls to prospective loan applicants.
- Meet with applicants to determine their needs and recommend the right loan products to help meet their goals.
- Pre-qualifies potential loan applicants by analyzing credit and financial background.
- Review active loan files each day to ensure timely closings.
- Provides applicants with information regarding the loan application process.
- Obtains complete loan applications including all supporting documentation needed to process the loan.
- Reviews information by examining application and documentation, reviewing credit worthiness, calculating repayment risk from information and documentation received from the borrowers.
- Follows up on processing the loan by obtaining additional applicant information if necessary.
- Maintains communication with the borrower from time of application through closing.
- Within the pricing and rate structure established by the credit union, set the rate with the borrower both verbally and in writing prior to settlement.
- Understands and supports the company's policies and procedures to provide service in the best interests of our members and the credit union.
- Resolves any member questions and disputes in an expeditious and tactful manner.
- Reviews and reports complaints from members and recommends corrective action to management.
- Protects the credit union and the members by keeping personal information confidential.
- Maintain the highest level of ethical and moral judgment when representing both the credit union and our members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- No NMLS licensing requirements
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Health and Dental insurance
- 401K match
Qualified candidates should submit their resume Attention: Robert Ciraco at email@example.com or via fax at (413) 886-0162. Alternatively, resumes may be mailed or delivered to Robert Ciraco at 145 Industry Avenue Springfield, MA 01104.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive.