Congratulations to our 2016 Anthony J Serafino Scholarship Winners!
Six $1,000 scholarships were awarded this year to worthy students based on scholastic merit and civic achievement. Criteria used to evaluate the applicants were scholastic achievement, must be a senior high school student, must be a member of the Arrha Credit Union or student whose parent is a member; outside activities, community endeavors, and intention to attend a two-year or four -year degree granting college or university. All applications and transcripts had to be submitted no later than February 19. The Scholarship Committee met on March 3 to review applications and select the recipients. All of the applicants were excellent this year and made the selection process very difficult for the committee.
The applicants that were selected as recipients of the 2016 Anthony J. Serafino Scholarship are:
- Kayleen Duffy from Chicopee Comprehensive High School
- Lia Fialho from Ludlow High School
- Mackenzie Murphy from Minnechaug Regional High School
- Ashley Simonet from Holyoke Catholic High School
- Owen Tynes from The Springfield Renaissance School
- Caroline Wysocki from the Williston Northampton School
We wish each of our recipients the of best of luck with their educational endeavors.